Friday, June 10, 2011

Challenge by choice

Challenge by choice.  This is a phrase we use on all of our retreats at school.  This means you can participate in any activity as long as you choose to do so.  If you feel it is too great of a challenge, you can choose not to participate in the challenge.

Well, I chose to go on this trip to Morocco.  I am very thankful for the opportunity, and I already feel like I have challenged myself in several ways, before even leaving the United States.  First of all, I had to complete the grant writing process.  It was a lot of work, but I am sure that I will never regret it.  This experience is going to be amazing!

My second challenge was to sign up for a graduate class which accompanies the trip.  Although this was not required, I felt that by signing up for the class I would learn more about the country and cultures I will be visiting.  I haven't gotten started on the course work yet, but I am sure this will be true.

The third challenge was setting up this blog.  Technology is not my strength, but I am making an attempt!  We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment